When you’re a natural health enthusiast it is hard to drink soda, for many reasons. The artificial colors and flavors, the high fructose corn syrup and the sodium benzoate to name a few. Sodium benzoate is commonly used as a preservate in soft drinks (and lots of food and personal care products for that matter) and it is of particular concern. This preservative has been linked to cancer, Parkinson’s disease, neuro-degenerative diseases, and premature aging. It also contributes to ADHD according to the Mayo Clinic.
Alas, there are some times that just call for a soda. For me it’s when I’m watching a movie and eating popcorn- I just need a soda. Or when I’m having pizza- I just need a soda. Many of the alternatives at natural food stores aren’t great options- even though they are made with real cane sugar (not high fructose corn syrup) and often organic, it is still sugar. And a lot of it.
Zevia is the original naturally sweetened, zero calorie soda with no sugar and no artificial sweeteners. This tasty treat comes in 15 familiar, favorite flavors including Cola, Black Cherry, Cream Soda, Grapefruit Citrus and Ginger Ale. Consider it the smarter soda go-to for you and your family. Zero calories, naturally sweetened and delicious; Zevia is hard to beat.
Just the facts
•Zevia Zero Calorie Soda is sweetened naturally with a unique blend of high purity Stevia (grown right here in the US!) and Monk Fruit.
(Stevia is a sweet little miracle of nature. Originally found in Paraguay this small shrub, native to the Sunflower family, provides 200x the sweetness of sugar with no calories. It is basically a super sweet leaf.)
•Zevia comes in 15 different flavors, including Ginger Root Beer, Strawberry, Cherry Cola, and many more.
•This soda contains no calories, sugar or artificial sweeteners.
•It’s totally Kosher, Vegan, and Gluten-Free
•The retail price for a 6-pack of Zevia ranges from $3.99 to $5.99.
Yes, you can see me sneaking Zevia into movie theaters, along with my organic, trans-fat free popcorn. And in our home on pizza and game night, everyone gets to pick out their favorite flavor to enjoy.
Our family’s favorite flavors are ginger root beer, black cherry, and cream soda and for those times that call for a caffiene kick, cola.
I have 5 vouchers for a free six pack to giveaway- if you’re interested in trying Zevia, enter to win one!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetsSM blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product
Noonday Collection uses fashion and design to create economic opportunity for the vulnerable. But what does that mean? What exactly IS Noonday?
First I’ll tell you what it is not- It is not charity. Sometimes well intended charity can cause more harm than good.
Noonday creates dignified jobs, better quality of life, long term trade, zero interest loans, a marketplace, empowerment and so much more for our artisans living in resource poor areas around the world. You can learn more about it on our impact page.
Noonday is bringing women together to use our purchasing power for something outside of ourselves.
I’m giving away a $40 Gift Voucher to shop online at Noonday Collection! The fall collection launched this month and you will want all the things. You can earn up to 9 entries. The winner will be chosen on September 10th. Good luck!
I’ve been a fan of Samabazon‘s variety of juices for years. My husband and I met the founders of the company in New York City a few years ago, and they were genuinely passionate about their product.
Sambazon is both Organic and Fair Trade certified, supporting two million acres of the Amazon Rainforest and over 10,000 family farmers. This company is truly dedicated to bringing the next level of nutrition to the world while supporting the environmental
and social well-being of the Brazilian Amazon and its people.
They recently released a new line of smoothies, and Green Moms Meet sent me some for review.
I tried the energy, the blended breakfast, and the super greens with kale and ginger.
I definitely had more energy after drinking that smoothie- something that is always appreciated by a mom of young kids. The super greens with kale and ginger was tasty with just the right amount of gingery kick, and I always feel great about consuming kale in any form. The blended breakfast was filling and enjoyed by my husband and both of my boys. Drinking a sweet purple drink always makes them happy, and of course I’m happy because it’s full of antioxidants, omega 3s, and organic superfoods!
The bottom line? They are all delicious! And really my biggest test is whether or not my kids will drink them.
I look forward to trying the chocolate almond and coconut protein smoothie!
Here are some facts about the company:
• Sambazon juices and smoothies are made with the finest organic Amazon SuperfoodsTM on the planet such as Açaí [Ah-sigh-ee], Acerola [Ah-sir-o-la], and Yerba Mate [Yur-ba Mah-tay].
• Their juices and smoothies are available in ten different delicious flavor varieties, and packed with antioxidants and healthy omega 3-6-9s.
• All Sambazon Superfood juices are NON-GMO, USDA organic, vegan, gluten-free, and provide whole food nutrition.
Available in a range of functional flavors providing a variety of health benefits
• Açaí/Antioxidant: This Original Amazon superfood juice is bursting with powerful antioxidants and healthy omegas. It’s a delicious way to combat free radicals and comes in two flavors: Original or Açaí+Blueberry+Pomegranate.
• Energy: This potent blend of Açaí berries, Yerba Mate, and Guarana delivers a whole food experience that boosts the body and mind the way nature intended. Energy is available in two flavors: A rich berry superfood juice blend with 50mg of organic caffeine per bottle, and a new Mocha Java superfood smoothie with 80mg of organic caffeine from fair trade coffee beans, plus a hint of chocolate.
• Protein: These indulgent smoothies are packed with 10g of organic vegan whole food protein per bottle (which helps to build lean muscle) and healthy omegas to keep you full longer. It comes in three yummy flavors: Açaí berry + Vanilla; Açaí berry + Chocolate; Chocolate + Almond + Coconut milk
• Supergreens with Kale + Ginger: This is a potent blend of Açaí berries, a powerful new blend of six varieties, plus a hint of ginger. It delivers around two servings of whole fruits and veggies, without added sugar.
• Blended Breakfast: This is the first beverage to combine whole fruit with ancient grains (like quinoa and amaranth), chia, and Organic/Non-GMO verified soymilk for a smoothie that sustains and nourishes. This delicious strawberry-banana blend is also a good source of fiber (7g per bottle).
Samabazon has agreed to give one reader of Integrative Mom three free product vouchers, plus a wooden bowl and spoon valued at $45. Open to U.S. residents only.
To enter please leave a comment on this post! I will choose a winner using random.org on June 10th, 2013.
For extra entries:
Like Integrative Mom on Facebook (then leave another comment on this post telling me you did)
Follow Integrative Mom on Twitter (then leave another comment on this post telling me you did)
Like Sambazon on Facebook (then leave another comment on this post telling me you did)
• Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.
Are you a mom who has been very mindful when selecting your baby’s shampoo, body wash and lotion- considering every ingredient and carefully choosing the perfect products?
Have you given as much thought to what’s in the water in which you are bathing your baby?
Our skin is the largest organ. It is very absorbent to everything we soak in and slather on it. It is also our first line of defense in filtering out harmful substances from our bloodstream.
The most harmful substance in our bath water is chlorine.
Chlorine is defined as a pesticide by the EPA since it is used to kill living organisms. It also causes cancer in humans. It is in our drinking water in low doses which is why I drink filtered tap water.
But the scary part is that over 60% of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering and bathing.
From the time my baby was born until his first birthday, we lived in a LEED certified green building. Amongst many other amazing eco-amenities, they triple filtered the water that we used for baths and showers, removing most of the chlorine.
When he was one, we moved into a not so green building. Every time I gave my son a bath, I cringed at the heavy smell of chlorine in the bathwater, and noticed how dry his skin felt upon taking him out of the bath.
I resolved the issue by bathing him less. This is really not the best option with a very active toddler who spends most days outdoors and maybe even eats a little dirt.
Then I had another baby and when I put him in the bathtub and smelled the chlorine, I felt I was doing more harm than good.
I recently heard about a product that removes the chlorine from bath water and knew I had to try it. It is called the Splish Splash Bathtub Filter and works by running your bath water over the ball, or swirling it directly in the tub. Sounded easy enough to me!
I contacted New Wave Enviro and they sent me a Splish Splash Bath Filter to try out with my precious babies.
It was super easy to use- I just hung it over the faucet and let the water run through it.
Then I swirled it in the water for a few minutes. Next, I plopped my healthy little giggling dribbling baby boy in the tub. He was a-splishin’ and a-splashin’ and…
His skin felt softer upon exit, but I knew I needed to try it for myself for a true assessment.
My skin felt the best it has felt in 2+ years. I didn’t feel the need to slather anything on it when I was finished. The bath felt more luxurious too.
Perhaps it was the peace-of-mind I was feeling knowing I wasn’t marinating in chlorine, or maybe it was because I was actually in the bath. (A rub-a-dub, just relaxin’ in the tub)… But I know the filter was doing its job.
Easy to use, and it removes harmful toxins from my baby’s bath? Yes, please!
It retails for$49.99 (a bargain considering it lasts for 200 baths!) and can be purchased at natural food stores nationwide. For store locations, go to www.newwaveenviro.com.
New Wave Enviro will also be giving away a Splish Splash Bathtub Filter to one of my lucky readers (within the continental US).
HOW TO ENTER:
Simply leave a comment on this post!
For additional entries, do any of the following and then come back to this post and leave a comment telling me you did:
- subscribe to Integrative Mom
- let me know if you are a fan of Integrative Mom on facebook
- post the giveaway on YOUR facebook page
- follow Integrative Mom on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway
- Follow New Wave Enviro on Twitter
You could have 7 entries!
Just remember to come back and leave a separate comment for each one you do, and each comment will count as an entry. This giveaway is open to US shipping addresses and will close on Tuesday. March 20th. Random.org will choose the winners, and I will announce them on Wednesday,March 21st.
Thank you New Wave Enviro for making my babies’ bath water safer!