Sausage and Cabbage in the Slow Cooker
I can hardly call this a recipe, as you just put two things in the crock pot and let it cook on low all day. It is the easiest thing I make, but it is delicious!
What you’ll need:
- One head of cabbage- purple, green, whatever variety you like
- Sausage- spicy, mild, breakfast, whatever you have
- Slow cooker
- Wash cabbage and tear up leaves. This is a great project for kids
- Pack cabbage in slow cooker until completely full
- Cut sausage in one inch pieces and put on top of cabbage
- Cover (lid might not fit from all of the cabbage and sausage, but as it cooks it will shrink), turn crock pot on low, and let cook for about 6 hours
Serve on plates and enjoy.
Easy as that! My whole family loves this dish.
Let me know if you try it.