Sausage and Cabbage in the Slow Cooker
I can hardly call this a recipe, as you just put two things in the crock pot and let it cook on low all day. It is the easiest thing I make, but it is delicious!
What you’ll need:
- One head of cabbage- purple, green, whatever variety you like
- Sausage- spicy, mild, breakfast, whatever you have
- Slow cooker
- Wash cabbage and tear up leaves. This is a great project for kids
- Pack cabbage in slow cooker until completely full
- Cut sausage in one inch pieces and put on top of cabbage
- Cover (lid might not fit from all of the cabbage and sausage, but as it cooks it will shrink), turn crock pot on low, and let cook for about 6 hours
Serve on plates and enjoy.
Easy as that! My whole family loves this dish.
Let me know if you try it.
4 thoughts on “Easiest Crockpot Recipe Ever”
It sounds good.. When I bake kielbasa and cabbage together it’s usually with potatoes and swiss cheese in the oven. I’ll have to give this a try.
SO YUMMY ! I find that it tastes the best the day I make it. I have tried to make a LOT and then have it for leftovers – but we never seem to eat all the leftovers.
I am making this tonight. Using turkey Italian sausage, one apple sliced, shredded green cabbage, 1/2 onion-sliced, salt & pepper, 1 tsp sugar (token-I know), and 1 cup chicken broth. I could have put potatoes in it, but I may do that once I get home. It snowed here today and this sounded so warm and comforting. I like to serve it with a dollop of grainy mustard on the side for dipping. YUM