When trying to decide how to use our recent CSA vegetables, I came up with this recipe for Leeks and Summer Squash. It’s super easy, and my toddler loved it.
Sauteed Leeks with Summer Squash
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 3 small leeks, rinsed and and sliced into half moon shaped pieces
- 3 small summer squash cut into bite-sized cubes
- fresh flat leafed parsley, roughly chopped
- unrefined sea salt salt
- Place a large (preferably cast iron) skillet over medium heat, and add the butter and olive oil.
- When butter is melted, add the squash, leeks and a bit of salt.
- Sauté the vegetables for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the squash are soft and tinged brown, remove from heat and add the parsley. This can be served as a side to almost any dish.
Voila! Quick, easy, toddler friendly veggies!