Your little one’s gums might be sensitive long before any teeth pop through that adorable toothless smile. Before you reach for the infant acetaminophen, know that its use in babies under a year of age is linked to asthma. There are many natural things you can do in the meantime to ease her discomfort:
- freeze or refrigerate a wet washcloth for her to chew/suck on
- give her a cold, thick carrot (added benefit of developing a taste for healthy sweet food!)
- put an ice cube or frozen breast milk in a mesh feeder bag for a pain relieving popsicle
- giver him organic cotton or terrycloth toys to mouth
- use Hyland’s Teething Tablets or Boiron Camilia drops
please check back soon to purchase an exciting remedy used for years in Europe handmade exclusively for Integrative Moms!