Like most people, I keep a running list in the back of my mind of things I want to do during my lifetime. It gets updated often, as I check things off and add more.
I know these things won’t bring me true joy, but there’s nothing wrong with having events to look forward to. Plus, I love crossing things off of lists.
I’ve not really thought of it as a bucket list, but that is essentially what it is.
So today when I heard about a big giveaway Just Ask is doing that involved travel, I knew I had to enter. After all, travel is the common thread running through almost everything on my list. All I have to do is share 15 things on my bucket list.
- Learn to speak a second language fluently
- Bicycle through wine country from vineyard to vineyard tasting every wine in my path
- Visit the small village in China where my great grandfather was born
- Seriously organize my closet (that would bring me such joy!)
- Play the piano more often and learn to play the ukulele well
- Spend at least 10 days in Bora Bora in one of those coconut thatched huts over the water
- Write a memoir
- Go back to school to become a Naturopathic Doctor
- Zen out at Miraval
- Chop my hair off
- Read all of the books on my bookshelves (how many lifetimes do I get?)
- Take my husband on his fantasy cross country Airstream trip
- Chill out at the Ice Hotel in Sweden
- Dine in the dark at Dans le Noir in Paris
- Hire a personal chef
This list is not to be confused with who I want to be as a person, what matters most to me in life, the love I have for my husband, family and friends, or the hopes and dreams I have for my children… all of that seemed a little too personal and soul baring to share. But it was really fun listing all of these things and is exciting to think about doing them!
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.